Thursday, January 14, 2010

Christmas Gifts

We had a lovely little Christmas morning, just the three of us. I had a lot of fun shopping for Luke this year. It was much more difficult than I had imagined to keep myself in check. Luke's personality is just popping out these days and he is much more able to express his preferences (a little too able, sometimes!). That just makes it more fun. Although I have changed the way I look at toys, even just since Christmas, I enjoyed choosing things I thought would bring a smile to our son's face.


Unwrapping the first un-stocking gift. :)



Working on a colouring book.


Ooooohhh. It's Barney. Bought by the mother who swore she wouldn't let the purple guy in the house when she had kids... But he likes it and I endure it for him.


Another big hit? A dog calendar from the dollar store.


He and Andrew sat and looked at all the "wuh wuhs" for quite a while.

This was a magnadoodle and I was pretty excited about this one. It was one of the things I picked out a while back and was happy to see him enjoy it. Although it did take him a while to get past the "Tommy!" wrapping paper.


Yeah, Mr. Potato Head Silly Suitcase. :) He had a lot of fun requesting outfit changes on "Head." What a fun kid!

2 comments:

GrammaMack said...

Just the three of you?

What are we, chopped liver? :-)

Although we weren't there in person, we were there for a bit via Skype, and it was the best part of our Christmas morning.

Connie said...

I LOVE MR POTATO HEAD!!! one year when jake was about 4-5 he came in and said TODAY IS MR POTATO HEAD'S BIRTHDAY!!! So we had to have birthday cake!!! lol
looks like a wonderful day!