Sunday, January 13, 2008

28 Weeks

Today we are 28 weeks. More than six months. We're into the final trimester. 85 days left until our due date. Yikes.

The baby has been moving SO much lately. It's been kinda fun. He seems to be most active in the evening hours and for the first 15 to 20 minutes after we go to bed. I guess he notices that he's not being rocked to sleep any more. It really is crazy amazing to imagine the little person living inside me. I am definitely growing as a result of this pregnancy, and I mean that in more ways than one. I've been thinking about all that we've been through already... It's scary/exciting/humbling to think of how much our lives are changed. There's no going back (not that I'd want to).

We started childbirth classes this past week... I think they will be helpful. It was interesting to be in a room with about 15 other pregnant women ( I know, our class is huge). Two of them were there with their own mothers, one was there with her boyfriend, and the rest were all there with their spouses. I was actually impressed to hear so many women say, "I'm so-and-so, and this is my husband so-and-so." In this day and age, you never know what you're going to get. It was also kinda fun to see that in that group, we're the only ones who don't know the sex of our baby. I don't think we realized how odd it is to not find out these days. At times, I wish we knew just for ease of preparation, but I'm glad that we're waiting. I'm supposed to be working on my breathing this week... Andrew has been making me laugh by trying to get me to "breathe through" everything. He's a funny guy and I'm so glad that I have him. He has been such a blessing throughout this pregnancy and I am just so thankful for him. He's just great.

And last, but not least, HannOni... We've kinda settled on Hannah Grace (she'd go by Grace) for a girl and either Luke Andrew or Luke Onesimus for a boy. I've always said I was going to name my son Onesimus and call him Oni. Andrew wasn't nuts about that, but said it might work for a middle name. So anyway, somehow we've taken to calling the baby "HannOni" in a meshing effect. My only fear is that it will stick. :) For clarification on who Onesimus was, read the book of Philemon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great names! I especially love Hannah Grace. It ain't Fay, or even Jane, but it is lovely. ;-)
GrammaJaneMack

Anonymous said...

Interesting male names. Luke? I always thought Andrew would name his son after himself, or me ;-) Can't wait for a little Mac that I don't have to parent.

-Uncle Jonny