Sunday, January 20, 2008

29 weeks

So I had an appointment with a midwife on Friday... I got to try a new one (midwife, that is) since my usual one went home sick. It was a fairly typical appointment. I was supposed to have my glucose and hemoglobin screening done, but didn't realize I wasn't supposed to drink water before hand. Oops. So now I'm going back on Tuesday to do it. The baby is doing well. I'm starting to feel like a house and am wondering how much bigger I can possibly get in the next 11 weeks (although my sisters-in-law assure me that I can get much bigger).

It's hard to believe that we're due in just 11 weeks. That is so crazy. Andrew and I were out shopping yesterday (I found some cute maternity corduroy pants for $10.79. Yay for that!) and we were in Sears and decided to go look at their car seats and strollers and such... It was ridiculous to realize that we really need to start planning for these things. I mean, really, we have two packages of diapers and a couple of outfits. I need to get on the ball. I've done a lot of research online for things like car seats and cribs, but it's just always been for future reference. Now, the future is here, or at least it will be soon. I need to start getting things together. And really, how much is a reasonable price for a car seat/stroller combo? I don't know. But we're going to need one. I think I've found a good deal, but you never know. I need to start a list of things we will need to have on hand before the baby comes and things that can wait for a while. I'd rather not end up with a bunch of yellow and green stuff, but the kid will need something to wear. So many things, so little time. :) Although, it was good to compare notes with expecting friends and family at church this morning. There will be several babies born in the next few months, which is fun.

Anyway, the Mountaineers are playing and I'm going to settle in to watch the second half. I thought I'd take the chance to update while I could get the computer though... Andrew's been working on school SO much lately. :)

Let's goooooooooooo Mountaineers!

No comments: