Sunday, February 1, 2009

Moving Stories

We moved to F town on Saturday the 3rd of January. Luke got sick the Thursday night before that. I honestly wonder at God's timing sometimes. Luke was quite unhappy with this turn of events and so were we. He and I got maybe an hour or two of sleep that night (we sent Andrew out to the couch, poor guy). I still had bunches of packing to do and was hoping to get a lot done while he was asleep. That didn't happen. Not only did he not sleep, he also wanted me the whole time. I felt bad for him. Then we had a repeat the next night, with maybe a bit more sleep, but not more than three hours. Then it was Saturday, moving day. Andrew and mKhulu went to pick up our U-Haul truck just before seven... they didn't get back until after nine. Apparently the guy who was supposed to open up just decided not to show that day. So, we were off to a great start! No sleep and no truck. Anyway, long story shorter we had lots of help and got moved fairly quickly and mostly painlessly. Thanks everyone. But these pictures were taken Saturday morning just before all the guys showed up to help. Luke was catching some MUCH needed sleep with nGogo while I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. On a side note, I'm really glad I've never seen a chicken run around with its head cut off. :) So, here is our sweet, sick boy.








I was so glad that he was finally getting some sleep. He played with nGogo quite a bit that day, with visits to mom in between cause he was a little out of sorts from being sick and getting his first tooth all at once. Needless to say, I'm glad that's over!

3 comments:

GrammaMack said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I know moving with a baby is tough. However, those are beautiful pictures. I love the lighting, and your mother who is naturally gorgeous looks even better with a baby in her arms.

Cricket said...

Wow! That sounds like an adventure! I'll be praying for you guys! What fun to know you've a blog!