Saturday, March 8, 2008

HannOni's Room

So, we've finally taken steps toward preparing the baby's room for habitation. :) After much deliberation we decided on colours for the room. We're painting three walls a medium-light shade of brown, and the other wall will be a dark chocolate colour (and yes, I do use the term "we" lightly... I'm not doing any of the painting, much to my chagrin). I think it will be pretty. Gina Gayle actually came over yesterday to get started on doing the trim work in the room. I wish I'd thought to take before and after pictures, but I guess we'll start from "trim work" to "completion." I will post pictures of this project as it progresses. We're hoping to finish up with the painting some time this week. Sam and Gina have volunteered to help out with that as needed, so that's good. I'm glad Andrew has help, since I'm not able to paint. The medium brown shade is darker than I had hoped it would look on the walls, but it will still be beautiful. We're hoping to lighten things up with some white accents.

Also, we've begun (again, I use "we" lightly, but it was my idea, so I get included) to re-work an old dresser, hopefully into something that will be beautiful. Andrew is currently sanding the fronts of the drawers to an old dresser that I had back before we were married. It was painted blue and white with stickers (maybe from old wallpaper?) glued to the front. We're intending to re-paint the top and sides white and paint the drawer fronts the chocolate brown. I think it will look pretty hot. And, it will double as a changing table. Yay. We'd spent a lot of time looking, both online and in stores, for a dresser that was affordable and that would hopefully be the right height for a changing pad with absolutely NO luck. It was very frustrating. But, I think this will work nicely.

We've been looking for a crib too... It used to be fun to look around hoping to find "the perfect crib." But, I found "the perfect crib" several times, and each time I was thwarted in some fashion. The one we really like is out of stock in the espresso colour that we want, but they have it in stock in at least 5 other colours! It's officially frustrating. And it doesn't look like they will be making any more any time soon. Every time I find another that I like, either it's out of stock or doesn't have a drop side rail. Oh well! It's not like the baby will really care, right?

Anyway, there will be updates to the nursery decor as they become available. Thanks for tuning in to this episode of "HannOni's Room."

No comments: