Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Back Yard Fun

Have I mentioned that Luke likes to play outside? Cause he does. This past week he has done better when it's time to come in, but he is just heartbroken. Crazy kid. I've been trying to spend more time outside and it's made me realize how short our outside time had been before that. I feel a little guilty. There were days we didn't go out at all. Lots of days were limited to my laundry time, so he'd get ten minutes or so. We are now in the process of trying to get out for at least 30 minutes a day. I'm embarrassed by how hard that can seem some days. :( But Luke loves it. And he's happier and I'm happier when we spend a good chunk of time out of doors. Although, yesterday we were out for a long time and he had a really rough night sleeping...



Me and Luke!


Our little adventurer.


Head shot. :) I'm pretty sure he was making a cute face and then turned around before I could get the picture taken. Our camera is slow and I thought this was funny.


Dada teaching Luke how it's done. One of their first games of catch.


Question: What is this expression? Answer: I'm getting ready to make a break for the neighbors' back porch! Hope mom can't tell.


I think he actually kissed the football.


"Sooooooo big!" Doesn't get old. Or at least, not yet!


"What's going on, anyway?"


Happy family!

Luke's eyes crack me up in this picture. He's a sweet kid.

Luke loves to go outside with Daddy while Daddy grills supper. It has become the new norm that we all just go out and play while Andrew cooks and I rather like it. It gives us all a little together time. Plus, it's outside, so Luke is thrilled. Before Luke and I would stay inside and Andrew would run back and forth and Luke would cry every time Daddy went back out. So we shall enjoy our new found Mackay family tradition. Here's to many happy grilling sessions!

2 comments:

GrammaMack said...

Love the little playsuit. Love the photos. Love the one of the back of his head--you can see that he has hair! :-)

mKhulu said...

Great photos and commentary. I wonder if Andrew realizes how much he looks like our favourite "Doug guy" of internet fame. He should have a gander at the last two shots of you three.

BTW Someones hair is going to fall out, probably mine since my word verification is "unfoloc."